All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wind Sorcerer (1470)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:15 pm 
Advanced User

Uh. 100 dps is NOTHING lol. 150 dps is also quite weak. It might be there for flavor, but this tower will never be able to get a kill, even with that...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:02 pm 
Power User

YouTD Score: 5
The spell damage is the least of the reasons why shear should not have a stun. Don't disregard everything else just because the spell damage is so low haha. As I said, it has debuff, spell resistance, and silence.

Also don't forget the +3% buff duration Special this tower has. That is an extremely powerful Special given the abilities.

Let's compare the stun to solar conductor's: Both towers cost 2500 gold. Note: unique and rare have NO MEANING on the power of towers. It's about gold cost and ability factor. Solar loses about 0.5 ability factor if not more for its ability, and gains back some ability factor from its 2 mana on attack requirement. Solar Conductor stuns a creep once and loses 15 mana. It has 17 mana total. Each second it regens 3 mana and each attack loses 2. It has a 1 second cd, so that means it will take 13 seconds to be able to stun again. After the second stun it takes 15 seconds because each time you'll have 0 mana. The stun lasts 5 seconds on a unit, so units will be stunned 5/13 or 5/15 seconds. Less than 40% of the time.

And keep in mind solar conductor is one of the most op stun towers... Now, this tower stuns for 1 second with a 1 second cd, the spell costs 25 mana, and this tower has 250 mana. So you can perm stun a unit for 10 seconds with this tower. Solar Cond. does a lot of spell damage too, but I'd rather have this tower's silence, debuff, and -spell resistance, especially because you can apply Shear really fast to multiple units. Lastly this ability I'm guessing costs about 0.4 - 0.6 of the ability factor, less than or about the same as solar conductor's ability.

<@mOck_> you just want that stuff to lure little children over with a petting zoo
<@mOck_> i know your tactic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:44 pm 
Power User

YouTD Score: 38
I already said I was nerfing Shear.

Post subject: Update to version v2!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:38 pm 
Power User

The tower has been updated to version v2!

Creator's reason for this update:

Reworked Shear, buffed a bit other abilities to compensate.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:35 pm 
Power User

I like it! You can probably buff the other abilities even more. Maybe for Gale +1 target at level 15 and level 25. Increase buff duration special to +4% per level. Although I'm sure others will agree this is already a great tower for storm.'

One question: since this tower does magic damage, do its abilities work on immune creeps?

<@mOck_> you just want that stuff to lure little children over with a petting zoo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:23 pm 
YouTD Admin
YouTD Admin

YouTD Score: 661
The last ability can be very op I think. If there are towers with low cooldown on their spells

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:43 pm 
YouTD Admin
YouTD Admin

YouTD Score: 63
Nubz wrote:
I like it! You can probably buff the other abilities even more. Maybe for Gale +1 target at level 15 and level 25. Increase buff duration special to +4% per level. Although I'm sure others will agree this is already a great tower for storm.'

One question: since this tower does magic damage, do its abilities work on immune creeps?

The first and the third ability should work on immune creeps (no damage is dealt of course). The second doesn't work because spells can't be cast on immune creeps.

Post subject: Update to version v3!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:44 pm 
Power User

The tower has been updated to version v3!

Creator's reason for this update:

Reduced silence duration, increased damage, no longer stuns already stunned enemies and fixed some code.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:08 pm 
Advanced User

boekie wrote:
The last ability can be very op I think. If there are towers with low cooldown on their spells

yeah we gonna find that out when the tower is in the map.
imo you guys are way too worried about op stuff sometimes.

imbaness can hardly be found out by theoretical thought and testing alone.
the real test is putting the tower in the map.

some guys work so many long hours on their towers and items, and then they are pending for months.
that's not really a good motivation.

imo you guys should be a bit riskier and less worried about overpowered stuff.
also a bit more motivational replies to item and tower builders could work.
i often read very clinical replies like: this tower could be op, change this, do that, are you crazy, what a stupid idea, this is not the right theme, i don't like the model.

not very positive feedback, you know what i mean?

ok maybe i'm exaggeration but i never read a reply like: wow! what a great tower! how many hours did you put in this? it could be a little op, but what the hell, we gonna a try it out in the next version! thank you for your efforts!

ok i now i did not give positive feedback. :shock: so let me end:
you guys are doing a great job! thank you for your efforts! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:19 pm 
Power User

JohnnyCash08 wrote:

yeah we gonna find that out when the tower is in the map.
imo you guys are way too worried about op stuff sometimes.

imbaness can hardly be found out by theoretical thought and testing alone.
the real test is putting the tower in the map.

some guys work so many long hours on their towers and items, and then they are pending for months.
that's not really a good motivation.

imo you guys should be a bit riskier and less worried about overpowered stuff.
also a bit more motivational replies to item and tower builders could work.
i often read very clinical replies like: this tower could be op, change this, do that, are you crazy, what a stupid idea, this is not the right theme, i don't like the model.

not very positive feedback, you know what i mean?

ok maybe i'm exaggeration but i never read a reply like: wow! what a great tower! how many hours did you put in this? it could be a little op, but what the hell, we gonna a try it out in the next version! thank you for your efforts!

ok i now i did not give positive feedback. :shock: so let me end:
you guys are doing a great job! thank you for your efforts! :mrgreen:

I love you, will you marry me?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:54 am 
YouTD Admin
YouTD Admin

YouTD Score: 661
Riskier? Bugged notrom and voljin was 2 versions ago, bugged buried soul was previous version so we need to be careful this can't happen every version.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:57 am 
Power User

The point is not bugs, the point is balance.
If you can't keep bugged towers from entering the map you shouldn't project your fears on maybe not perfectly balanced, but surely correctly coded towers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:21 am 
Advanced User

boekie wrote:
Riskier? Bugged notrom and voljin was 2 versions ago, bugged buried soul was previous version so we need to be careful this can't happen every version.

why do you have to be careful? what will happen if you are not careful? i mean seriously. will somebody lose money? will youTD get rejected from the world cyber games? will chancellor merkel make an angry phone call? what in the world is supposed to happen when there are "bugged" towers or items in the game? the "worst" thing that happens is that some noobs are using them (and still lose). so what? what's the big deal?

the price of less risk, is less fun. that's one big price you really pay.
and the price of a whole lot of work ofc because every item/tower is discussed endlessly, tested and then after some weird theoretical thought, it seems to get rejected. which leads to the third price: demotivated tower and item makers.

and buried soul wasn't even a new tower.

funny thing also: notrom and vol'jin were "bugged" ok, but even with the "bug" they weren't that useful as carry or support. mediocre at best. there are far better towers in the game.

Chronos wrote:
I love you, will you marry me?

you're welcome. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:03 pm 
Light User

Song of the Wind + Thornweaver = yay!

I think, this will be very strong..ok, 2k spelldmg are nothing at lategame, but the stun and the silence will be hard.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:46 pm 
Power User

Schuppentier wrote:
the stun and the silence will be hard.

I think you mean good or strong instead of hard? I agree they look good, but not overpowered yes?

This tower is a VITAL addition to storm. Late game storm is terrible. It vies with fire for weakest element late game. There's only a handful of good storm towers later on. Zealot, storm battery, red ball lightning. That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

I think storm needs at least one more viable late game carry and a lot of support towers. For carries, I like cedi's gryphon rider in particular and kublaikhan's ninja guy. For support towers, this tower + stern's chaining storm will be great additions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next