All times are UTC

Dear guest, welcome to YouTD!

Post subject: Re: Neverending mode + items
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:53 am 
User

Glowackos wrote:
you can just add the cube to a control-group or whatever they're called.

I can? I thought it was a building.
It's weird on this map, many towers are units, others are buildings, and I haven't found the logic in this yet. Oh, and some builders seem to miss the "collect consumables" button too...

Janne_da_ArC wrote:
Clicking on one button will make the builder instantly collect up to 6 oils from that family, regardless of whether they are Common, Uncommon or Rare.

And then restore the builder's original skills. I'd hate always pressing the go back button. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:55 am 
User

Globus wrote:
Glowackos wrote:
you can just add the cube to a control-group or whatever they're called.

I can? I thought it was a building.
It's weird on this map, many towers are units, others are buildings, and I haven't found the logic in this yet. Oh, and some builders seem to miss the "collect consumables" button too...

For some towers/buildings you can and for some you can't....

I usually use my controlgroups this way:
Towers:
1, common
2, uncommon
3, rare
4, unique
5, force point drain
6, hero+carry (never missclicking consumeables on your towers). But unfortunately not all towers can be put into the controlgroup.

About Janne's spellbook 12 button idea it's great. It would be better if it doesn't restore to the original skills after. That means if you want damage/crit/spelldamage/seekers on your carry you'd have to repeat the process 4 times. Which means 8 times clicking instead of 5-6. You can just reset your hero by choosing a controlgroup then pressing f1. Or ofcourse use the designated hotkey if there will be one for it.

EDIT, added picture. This is what happened when I didn't use any items between wave 300 and 361. I already had about 20 or so, but this should give you an idea why an easier way of managing items is prefered. :D

Edit 2, how do I make the picture smaller?

Edit 3, it was a png because paint likes that. And the picture should be better now.

Attachments:
temp2.jpg
temp2.jpg [ 115.24 KiB | Viewed 153 times ]

Last edited by pink[karma] on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:46 pm 
User

pink[karma] wrote:
Edit 2, how do I make the picture smaller?

Why is it a .png? It doesn't have all straight lines and even curves that would be easier to represent in vector graphics.
Also, cutting off the bottom half would help. :P

Just with these 2 alterations (convert to .jpg, cut off the white) I've reduced it to 175kb, with no visible loss of quality.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:40 am 
Light User

Yup, like Globus said, jpg is the best format for uploading pictures like those. The conversion can be done easiest by MS Paint, and with programs like MS Office Picture Manager or Photoshop, you can change the pixels to make the size smaller(not only file size, but also the picture size).