All times are UTC

Dear guest, welcome to YouTD!

Post subject: idea for a new tower
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:14 pm 
New User

Hi guys,

since there were some dota heroes appearing in the newer versions i got the idea of adding a "naix - the lifestealer" tower which would be a darkness tower - unique or rare
however i dont know how to use jass or vjass and i dont really want to learn it :P thats why i write it in this forum maybe someone wants to create this tower and is willing to add my name after his of course as creator

aswell i hope someone will join the discussion on how the abilities should look like
heres my thaughts:

ability 1: rage
naix has 20% chance to rage on attack giving him +50% attackspeed (2-5% lvl bonus) and giving him -100% debuff duration

ability 2: feast
naix feasts on the life of attacked creeps dealing 6% of the attacked creeps current hp as pure or physical/decay (whatever his attacktype may be) damage on each attack - maybe this ability should also add a 0.25% dmg bonus on each attack which would be gone when he switches the target -- by pure dmg i mean it shouldnt be blocked by any kind of armor but as this might be too OP i would like to hear what any of you think of this

and maybe a third ability to cover all the abilities of the dota naix which would be
ability 3: open wounds
naix has a chance of 10% to open the wounds of an attacked and allready damaged creep (to keep some logic involved) on attack slowing the creep by 50% for 4 seconds (the creep would recover movement speed over the 4 seconds) and adding 10% damage to all attacks that go on that creep

i havent thought about the basic tower stats
but maybe something like:

2000-2500 physical/decay damage
1.75 attack cooldown
775-875 range
the model would be a ghoul (of course ^^)

what do you guys think? :)

edit: i just realized that i might have put this post in the wrong section - im fairly new to forum stuff and this site aswell so if any admin could move this to the right section id be thankful

edit2: as i have reread my post a couple of times ive seen some stuff that should be added: ability one should have a bufftime of course which would be 5 seconds with a lvl bonus (not sure how much) - also ive seen that for example the quillboar thornweaver tower was created by SirCoqaLot but the idea came from Tartarus so now i feel like its not appropraite to ask the creator to add me on the creator field of the tower (if it really will be in the game sometime) - forgive me though i just thought it would be awesome to see my name in the actual game and that others can see it too :D

Last edited by el_smurfo on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: idea for a new tower
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:13 am 
Light User

thumbs up! I like it, but u should add an element for this tower. I dont think it would fit to Astral :lol:

Post subject: Re: idea for a new tower
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:25 am 
New User

as you may see in the first sentence i said it would fit in the darkness element section :)