All times are UTC

Dear guest, welcome to YouTD!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: You TD revival!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:52 am 
YouTD developer
YouTD developer

YouTD Score: 23
OAKS! progress! :D

GeX did a thorough search for any remaining You TD resources and he managed to eventually dig up:
-current creep map
-current stub map
-some old build scripts

I've had a look through these old buildscripts and readded/edited any missing/defective functions and from doing a bit of testing it seems the next version of YouTD is ready to be made! :D
What we need now:
-people to start submitting towers & items again
-moderators to come back from their deep slumber and start approving new towers & items for the next update

I'll try to add a few new things into the stub map, such as unlimited levels mode, improving horadic cube, adding an extra builder or two, etc
However I admit I am not a very good judge of balance, so I suggest anything to do with tower/item OPness, or any number tweaking, should go through the YouTD moderators foist!

I'm still familiarising myself with a lot of things, however if you have any simple suggestions for the next update, post them below. (Remember, I won't be tweaking no numbers without the moderators approving them first.

Post subject: Re: You TD revival!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 53
Really cool. I will do my best ; )

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:28 pm 
Light User

Great! I saw the news and register a account to post my opinion

The last version YouTD RC1 is not well balanced. some of the race need to refine.
Also , there are many trival things to do. like the GUI panel and keystroke action .

For GamePlay , I thinks more feature could be added.
For example:
    1.The special builder could have more ability: e.g. the blademaster could have Bladestorm, The treasure adventure could have Golden Touch...

2.The upgrading of the tower Tech could bring more special ability: e.g. the iron can made your iron-tower base-atk increase. and it can upgrade far more times that now (30+)

3.All race should have the capability to finish the level by single race. and some multi race could have new Technology unlocked. e.g. The Ice lv15 + Fire lv15 => FrostFire, that makes
    all cold debuff also damage the monster. If this is not easy to execute in WE, we could make the builder have a new skill that named FrostFire.

4.There could be a item shop that could sold and buy some basic item . In case that some race is lack of item , while other race is too many of item.

5.The Monster's race is not attractive and not useful. The different armor type and moving style is enough.The Monster could have some skill that fits it's race and shape. and Each Boss should have a impressive skill. Moreover, maybe we could design the monster of our own.

I think that the towers that build in the same race should have the same style , and could build a Tower-Group which looked nice and was harmonized with the theme of the race.
e.g. the Nature Race could build a forest with trees ,flowers and beasts.
In fact , while playing , the harmonious building style is lot of fun.

For Game mechanics ,I think the item drop-and-fly motion that acts too slow , and should speed up or removed.
The oil ,food and items could be placed in different circle that easy to find and use.....

And me, though I'm not very practised in JASS and WE , but still, I think I could do some help. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:14 pm 
Light User

Hi!

Glad to hear that good news!

I wanted to offer my help as a developer. I could help you to work with the core map content. I don't have much of free time, but some parts can be done.

If you are interested in this kind of help, please,contact me :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can always help by browse the towers and help to improve them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:29 am 
YouTD Admin
YouTD Admin

YouTD Score: 666
Or make some item/towers yourself (it's really easy)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:54 pm 
Power User

YouTD Score: 38
Can't wait.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:27 am 
Light User

Great to hear!! Me and my friend still play this game on a daily basis. We kinda gave up hope that there will ever be a new, more balanced version, but this is great news! I'm not much of a coder/modder, but if I can help in any way by testing balance or anything i would be happy to do so.

A suggestion i made some time ago, but i think is still viable:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=4847

And RC1 keeps on crashing when playing on a macbook. Right after loading it goes directly to the end-screen with the scores.

These are probably not the things you might look into at first, but i though I'd post it anyways.

GL with the project, and thnx for picking it up!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:47 am 
User

Holy shit! this is awesome news!

I still play YouTD as well, and think it's one of the best and most enjoyable TD's out there. I'm very excited to hear there is progress again!

I will probably help out by commenting on towers and items making suggestions and tweaks and such to help improve this game. The prospect of some new builder(s) sounds awesome as well!

Some existing builders could use some tweaks as well. The Arch Sorceress for example is quite underpowered, or at least: I can't seem to make her work effectively, most other higher tier builders are pretty viable as they are though.

Maybe a "Banker" builder that grants extra gold / interest would be a cool idea? just throwing an idea out there :)

Anyway, good luck on the improvements, I will do my best to help out where I can!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:57 am 
New User

Hello,

I'm not very good at giving advises, but I put my fait in you tregarding a great update of YOU TD.
We are a big comunity of YOUTD fans and we are waiting for a new version from almost one year.
I will try to help you with some ideas after I will discuss with my friends.

Good luck

All the best

Ciprian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:37 pm 
Light User

I would really like to see the following mechanism :

you can empower next wave coming, saving it armor & race as well as other features of the wave, but adding hitpoints(or maybe movement speed,armor, etc) in exchange for the following bonuses :

-- Increased item drop rate
-- Increased gold drop
-- Increased item quality
-- Increased experience drop.

The reason is :

You most likely have towerset that is more powerful versus some kind of enemies then the others. It generally can't be totally avoided.So, if the next race coming fits your towers best, you could make them tougher to get bonuses. Scaling the bonuses is another question, depending mainly on tastes of the creator.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:20 am 
Super User

YouTD Score: 83
Oh man, that would be cool. I still have the throbbing pain in my heart from when gex's scripts all died. I'm glad that void may soon be filled by more wc3 goodness. Also gex, whats happening with SCII? I know you have a site up with your coding language, but are you making any maps or anything? The custom game scene could use some spice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Velex wrote:
Oh man, that would be cool. I still have the throbbing pain in my heart from when gex's scripts all died. I'm glad that void may soon be filled by more wc3 goodness. Also gex, whats happening with SCII? I know you have a site up with your coding language, but are you making any maps or anything? The custom game scene could use some spice.

GeX is working on his master thesis and has not much time at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:31 pm 
User

Astonishing News!

I'm not good at map-making,neither can I play through 120.

However,I can help with the translation work,I've already translated beta v0.5(viewtopic.php?f=54&t=4790) and RC1(yet to be released).

It would be an honor of mine to continue translate the next version,and that I hope I could be granted this opportunity.

mfdsrax2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:35 pm 
Super User

YouTD Score: 83
So its all cool to use the current tower making kit? It'll work with what you rebuild?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next