All times are UTC

Dear guest, welcome to YouTD!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: YouTD Comments & Questions
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 270
Coldrocker wrote:
not really quite sure, but i always thought you could cast anything by setting a custom order string (eg Shift clicking and typing in your own) but i guess not.

Nope, that's not possible.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:56 am 
Light User

Can we get a tower method which returns the real attack damage? It would be a nice addition to the new physical damage dealing functions.

You calculate it already for the multiboard, so it should be easy to add.

Multiboard calculation
set damage = (tt.damage + t.attackMods[Unit.ATKMODS_DAMAGE_BASE]) * (1.0+t.attackMods[Unit.ATKMODS_DAMAGE_BASE_PERC])
set damage = (damage + t.attackMods[Unit.ATKMODS_DAMAGE_ADD]) * (1.0+t.attackMods[Unit.ATKMODS_DAMAGE_ADD_PERC])

Late edit:

Is there any chance that we get the option to use real doodads for our towers so that we can skip birth animations?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:57 pm 
User

YouTD Score: 15
Just regarding the forum threads, i'm thinking for the tower threads we might want to merge all the towers of the same family into one thread. Theres a lot of threads with 0 posts and its very unefficiant. Also perhaps on submitting a new tower to a family it wont create a new discussion thread it will just link to the first tower's discussion thread.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:00 pm 
Power User

YouTD Score: 272
Coldrocker wrote:
Just regarding the forum threads, i'm thinking for the tower threads we might want to merge all the towers of the same family into one thread. Theres a lot of threads with 0 posts and its very unefficiant. Also perhaps on submitting a new tower to a family it wont create a new discussion thread it will just link to the first tower's discussion thread.
Would be a good idea. There are some discussions about a certain family member, but this can also happen in the "family thread"
If a new tower of the same family is uploaded a new Post (with link(!), see below) could be created.

I also suggest to add a link to the first post of a tower to the corresponding entry in the browser. Especially older towers are hard to reach (copy id, get to browser, add "?tid=<ID>" to url isnt the best way).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:29 pm 
Super User

YouTD Score: 83
What would be the best way to reduce a tower's attack damage percent with an item?
This is the best I could come up with:
MOD_DAMAGE_ADD_PERC base: -0.10 add: 0.0 //Damage % of the tower (0.01 == 1% damage)

Which doesn't work.

Also to save me time, how do you cast a instacast ability? I wouldn't have to get a target of my tower, right?
Something like "call myCast"?

Last edited by Velex on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 53
Natac wrote:
I also suggest to add a link to the first post of a tower to the corresponding entry in the browser. Especially older towers are hard to reach (copy id, get to browser, add "?tid=<ID>" to url isnt the best way).
With the new site this feature is implemented.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:24 pm 
Super User

What would be the best way to reduce a tower's attack damage percent with an item?
MOD_DAMAGE_ADD_PERC base: -0.10 add: 0.0 //Damage % of the tower (0.01 == 1% damage)

Which doesn't work.

Also to save me time, how do you cast a instacast ability? I wouldn't have to get a target of my tower, right?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Velex wrote:

Which doesn't work.

Negative damage doesn't work? What's the error? It should work of course.

instacast ability? You mean a immediate order spell? Cast provides methods to cast those.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:32 am 
YouTD Admin
YouTD Admin

YouTD Score: 661
Negative damage doesn't give an error, there is just no effect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:07 pm 
Super User

boekie wrote:

Yeah, thats the problem. I'm trying to make an item that has an effect which reduces attack damage of a tower by a percent, and I wanted to know if there was a way to do so, since making the gain negative had no effect.

And yeah, I've been trying to work through the HowTo, and am having trouble having an ability just cast, without a target. I can't find an already made tower with an immediate no-target cast to borrow triggering from. So I'm stumped on both the item I'm making and the Tower.

Sorry for being unclear.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Velex wrote:
boekie wrote:

Yeah, thats the problem. I'm trying to make an item that has an effect which reduces attack damage of a tower by a percent, and I wanted to know if there was a way to do so, since making the gain negative had no effect.

And yeah, I've been trying to work through the HowTo, and am having trouble having an ability just cast, without a target. I can't find an already made tower with an immediate no-target cast to borrow triggering from. So I'm stumped on both the item I'm making and the Tower.

Sorry for being unclear.

Well it should work. If it doesn't, it's a bug :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6