All times are UTC

Post subject: Rules suggestions: To Be Discussed!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 240
Following are the suggested rules for the "CF Instant Match" System. A system similiar to dota-league.com's SIG system. Rules are partly taken from CF Tourney N° 1.

Please discuss these rules. What could be added? What is bad about it, what should be changed?

Quote:
Admins:

If want to report somebody or just want to get an official answer about a tournament related question, use the PM (Private Message) function or open a thread in the forum.

Always remember: If you want to report somebody always save evidence, like screenshots and/or replays!

1. General Rules

1.1 Flaming
Flaming won't be tolerated. If somebody starts flaming ingame, just refer to this paragraph. If he doesn't stop then, report him (don't forget to save an evidence). Flaming will result in a more or less severe penalty.

1.2 Racism
Racism won't be tolerated even less. Behaving racist will always have consequences (no 2nd chances here!).

1.3 Unsportsmanlike behavior
Things like cheating, purposeful leaving or player kicking is forbidden.

1.4 Right use of the matchup script and knowledge of the rules
Read these rules carefully and make yourself familiar with the instant match script. Also check the news for rulechanges to be up to date.

1.4 Abusing the rules / the script
Abusing these rules or bugs in the script will be severly punished. For example if 3 mates always complain about lags just because they are not in the same team, thus trying to abuse rule 3.2 will get them punished.

1.5 Multiaccounting
It is not allowed to use the script with more than one account per person.

2.1 Joining / Leaving the queue

You can join / leave the queue at anytime you want as long as your game hasn't started. Note that the first 8 players who share one platform to play on are taken for the next match. So, even if you are at the first place of the queue, if you have only specified a platform that the others don't share, the next game will be without you!

Don't hit refresh all the time while beeing in the queue. The page is refreshed frequently automatically where only necessary informations are reloaded. This saves much traffic, thanks!

2.2 Hosting the match

The script will choose one person who can host on the chosen platform as host. This person has to host the game. He has to use the name for the game that is stated on the match's page and make it private, that others can't join it (on BNet). If the game isn't opened 5 minutes after its creation, all players must mark the host as leaver and the game must be closed. Play fair on this paragraph, the 5 minute barrier shouldn't be treated that harsh, if a host writes that he has problems and must restart his pc.

2.3 Joining the match

Players have up to 10 minutes after the creation of the match to join the game. If some players haven't joined the game after 10 minutes, they have to be entered as leavers and the game has to be closed.

2.4 Not joining the right team / not starting / beeing AFK

Players have to join the team that the scripts assigns to them. If one player doesn't join the right team, the host may kick him after a warning. If he then doesn't rejoin within the 10 minutes deadline, rule 2.3 has to be applied.

If a host doesn't start within the first 10 minutes, even if all teams are okay, he has to be marked as a leaver and the game has to be closed.

3. Ingame Rules

3.1 Game settings
Map to be played is Castle Fight v1.12

Matches are played 4on4.
The red player has to enter following gamemodes:
-pr2 -balance

If host fails to enter the right modes once the game has to be reopened. If he fails twice rule 2.3 applies for him and the game is closed.

3.2 Lagging / Delay / Spikes
If more than 2 players from different teams complain about lags or big delay (note that a 1 sec delay is no reason to remake a CF game), remake the game with another host. If there is none, close the game. This has to be done in the first 2 minutes of the first round.

3.3 Dropping
If one player drops in the first 4 minutes of roundtime of the first round and no building is destroyed yet, the game has to be rehosted once by the same host. All pregame rules apply to this rehost.
If somebody drops in the rehost or after 4 minutes of roundtime he has to be marked as leaver and the game has to be finished without him (he will be replaced by a bot).

3.4 Beeing afk
If one player is afk more than 5 minutes he has to be marked as a leaver. Players should write -afk while they go afk.

3.5 Pausing
Each player has the right to pause the game for 30 seconds once. This pause can be prolonged by other players once (which costs their right to pause). No two players of one team can pause, except if:
a) A player of the other team pauses in between or
b) more than 5 Minutes elapsed in between.

3.6 Drawing
A round has to be drawn if the income of both teams exceeds XXXXXX (discuss about this value), no team is about to win immediatly (no buildings beeing destroyed at the moment) and one player complains about low fps. All players have to type -draw then. The game can be paused to do so. If a player fails to -draw, he will be marked as a leaver.

3.7 Buguse
I didn't find an exploitable bug yet, but using things that are clearly bugs, will result in penalties. Note that things like killing own creeps with a tower and other such things are no bugs and thus allowed.

4. After Game Rules

4.1 Announcing result
Use the instant match script to enter results.

Report people that enter wrong results to an admin. Reporting wrong results will result in a severe penalty.

5. Penalties

Which penalty to be given is decided by an admin.

Following Penalties are possible:
Beeing marked as a leaver (thus loosing points)
Warning
Ban (can range from one day to permanent ban)
Losing the right to join a team and play team tournaments!

Post subject: Re: Rules suggestions: To Be Discussed!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:33 pm 
Power User

geX wrote:
3.1 Game settings
Map to be played is Castle Fight v1.11

guess this should be 1.12

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

oops, fixed!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:55 pm 
Power User

I think the gamemodes should be chosen by the players themself but certain modes need to be banned
for example -mp2, -dr -co, -nai -ns, -xr3 -more then 4 rounds in any of -pr, -dr, -mr, -rr etc etc, else the games can become boring if always the same mode
also, at some times it would be fun to make different matchups like 2v2 or 1v1 with -mp4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:17 pm 
Super User

So basically this is just a pub with individual stats? I'd rather you worked on the tournament :/.

Anyway, it needs -fow. And how does one answer the platform questions if he or she hosts from listchecker?

AIM: marek1984
Xfire: mdmalara

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:45 pm 
Power User

FlorWarrior wrote:
I think the gamemodes should be chosen by the players themself but certain modes need to be banned
for example -mp2, -dr -co, -nai -ns, -xr3 -more then 4 rounds in any of -pr, -dr, -mr, -rr etc etc, else the games can become boring if always the same mode
also, at some times it would be fun to make different matchups like 2v2 or 1v1 with -mp4
OldManStrength wrote:
needs fow

I dont want to disagree to the gamemodes u want to see, but i want to tell u we need a single gamemode for the league games.

A minor argument is the comparability of the games played.

The major argument is that u decide to play without infomation about the ppl u play with or against.
There is no space for discusion about modes as everybody has to agree to those modes.

In public games there is a final instance to decide (host), but in league games the host is randomed. All players should be treaten even.

If we start allowing diffrent modes ppl will complain they just lost cuz of modes, if we say players can choose modes it takes few games till someone blame host for choosing a mode he didnt agree to.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:03 pm 
Power User

Quote:
If we start allowing diffrent modes ppl will complain they just lost cuz of modes, if we say players can choose modes it takes few games till someone blame host for choosing a mode he didnt agree to.

then use my other idea, on certain days the modes change, but on a side note, I think you should be able to make teams so there is a 'team ladder' and a 'random ladder', that removes the ability to be able to say "omg my allies suck"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:43 pm 
Power User

Quote:
2.2 Hosting the match

The script will choose one person who can host on the chosen platform as host. This person has to host the game. He has to use the name for the game that is stated on the match's page and make it private, that others can't join it (on BNet). If the game isn't opened 5 minutes after its creation, all players must mark the host as leaver and the game must be closed. Play fair on this paragraph, the 5 minute barrier shouldn't be treated that harsh, if a host writes that he has problems and must restart his pc.

in garena u cant make games private. Therefore, i suggest we try to convince garena to make a castle fight room. Also, u should put in a rule for garena users, because there are many rooms, and we need to settle in which room we make the games (since rpg rooms and element td rooms are the best choices for non-dota maps most of the time, i can suggest those 2 )

there is also the room-is-full issue but that isnt much cause u can always find a room with 5 players where u can get the game started :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

a) There will be also a team ladder, so if you dislike "random-team" you will have an alternative. I coded this first because I see the big demand for for example Single Instant Game on dota league. Most people are "casuals" that want some quick, low-level fun without joining a team or arring a match date.

b) Random gamemodes on the next game (like DotaLeague has) also came to my mind. I think I will implement this. Then, you will play some gamemodes, that you don't play everyday.

c) A -mp3 1on1 instant game also came to my mind. Depending on the request of such a mode I will also introduce a second queue for this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:41 pm 
Super User

geX wrote:
a) There will be also a team ladder, so if you dislike "random-team" you will have an alternative.

Good. This pick-up-game system is failing so far. First game had like 3/8 players. It takes too long to fill up with no way to inform a player when the game has filled.

Quote:
b) Random gamemodes on the next game (like DotaLeague has) also came to my mind. I think I will implement this. Then, you will play some gamemodes, that you don't play everyday.

It would be fair but it wouldn't be the best. A standard would be better.

Quote:
c) A -mp3 1on1 instant game also came to my mind. Depending on the request of such a mode I will also introduce a second queue for this.

This is nice.

AIM: marek1984
Xfire: mdmalara

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:34 pm 
Power User

geX wrote:
arring a match date.

arriving ;)
anyway about first match, I saw myself, oldman and clord was standby on xfire
this forum way is pretty bad, if there would be simple way for example that the page plays a sound when you can join a game, also that the page refreshes itself every 2 minutes so you get latest view from the queue instead of having to refresh every moment

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:55 pm 
User

FlorWarrior wrote:
geX wrote:
arring a match date.

arriving ;)
anyway about first match, I saw myself, oldman and clord was standby on xfire
this forum way is pretty bad, if there would be simple way for example that the page plays a sound when you can join a game, also that the page refreshes itself every 2 minutes so you get latest view from the queue instead of having to refresh every moment

Agreed.

Also it would be nice that match would not instantly meant to be set up when there is enough players, add some delay so players have time to prepare for it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suresure, such things like auto refresh will all come. I just wanted to release the system as early as possible that you can find bugs in it while i code the remaining stuff.

@OldManStrength:
That the system is failing at the moment is true and was obvious.
There are two problems that have to be fixed before it will work properly:
a) an auto refresh
-> willl be implemented
b) more players that join the queue that you dont have to wait hours before a game starts
-> As soon as the system works well, I will release a hint to it on the loading screen. After a few weeks I think there will be enough players, that games start faster. When Dota League started, SIG was also failing becaus nobody knew the page yet. However, we have got the advantage, that I can release news on the loading screen, thus reaching more casual players faster.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:57 pm 
Power User

oh when casual players start to come in, is there a script involved so more experienced players get to play less vs low lvl players?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

FlorWarrior wrote:
oh when casual players start to come in, is there a script involved so more experienced players get to play less vs low lvl players?

Well maybe :) Something like the "VIP" function from DL.