All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bad news for my Maps. Or maybe a new start?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:37 am 
Light User

geX wrote:
Please see that I have put many thousand hours of my leizure time into these games. The ads on this page are enough to pay the server but not more.

Lie, you got about 1.000 visitors a day which mean alot of money at the end of the month. Yeah i know how much a server costs and how money someone get with ads.
And now some angry kid come and quote with "He did this for free, other get paid for their work blabla".
That is not the point, the point is you lie =)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:48 am 
YouTD Admin
YouTD Admin

YouTD Score: 645
Plz stop flaming everyone, what's the point?

Gex can have as much money as he wants, I hope for him that he will earn an enormous amount of money in the future!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:40 pm 
Advanced User

Hatschi18 wrote:
geX wrote:
Please see that I have put many thousand hours of my leizure time into these games. The ads on this page are enough to pay the server but not more.

Lie, you got about 1.000 visitors a day which mean alot of money at the end of the month. Yeah i know how much a server costs and how money someone get with ads.
And now some angry kid come and quote with "He did this for free, other get paid for their work blabla".

useless post as usual :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 240
Hatschi18 wrote:
geX wrote:

no I don't. If thousand visitors a day would bring much money, Internet would be El Dorado. Especially since eeve.org has a low eCPM since its visitors are no frequent ad-clickers (in contrast to WoW pages where those wow kiddies klick every "get 1000 gold fast" ad).

Here is a screenshot of my adsense gains of the last seven days. I know I don't have to post it just because you accuse me of being a liar but because I want to finish with the myth that I could live from eeve.org or it would even make me rich. Although it is in german, you can see the amount and the period ("Letzte 7 tage" is "last seven days" in english).

If you sum this up for a month it is around 15 € per month with is just enough to pay the server and the domain (okay, maybe 2 or 3 € profit OMFG)

Attachments:
eevescreen.png
eevescreen.png [ 60.65 KiB | Viewed 6685 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:32 pm 
Light User

Why not show us a screenshot of the last 30 days? I mean... hm what ever.

One (last) question: What do you mean with "broken" usb stick? Does the computer detect the stick? Formated? I dont know how someone can broke an usb stick.
And dont forget, i just say what i think. You dont have to proof anything (well if you want to proof something, do it right).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 240
what's the diff between 7 and 30 days? I don't feel the urge to prove anything. I just pointed it out so that you get an intention about what values we talk when talking about eeve.org ad revenue, but I won't take more efforts to convince you. After all, I could fake each screenshot, so it can never be a prove.

I meant with "break" that it just doesn't work anymore. The Computer just doesn't detect it anymore (tried different PCs and Operating Systems).

This seems to be a common problem with this stick.
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Talent-Pico ... addOneStar
it got around 20% 1 star ratings from people for whom it also broke very fast. It seems to be a bug with the stick that is often triggered when more than half the space on it is used.

I already asked about that in the forum of this company long time ago, but got no reply :(.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:16 am 
Power User

Gex, don't worry about that broken stick. Life will find its way, so does CF and YouTD. I also had lots errands/problems last few days immediately after I've graduated. The most funny thing is even now I am Computer Science Master's Degree, yet I am not capable of fixing a toilet. In other word, "Handymen > Me" or "What i need is the almighty handymen", and to fix all problems from this unusual leaking. Including fix leaking valve, replace the water tank and paint ceiling downstairs, they cost me $450. You are not the only one who met every strange things. Here is another example.

Feel better? I still feel headache. Suddenly I feel Cf isn't the thing that more important than a good real life, neither YouTD.

Who thinks Gex is good and brilliant should do this --- HIRE HIM. Give him a good job offer to develop current maps or more games and then everyone including yourself will be VERY HAPPY.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:28 pm 
Light User

Time files ,I love u as usual
Years pass by, I love u forever

I u can see and feel deeply , u will succeed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 pm 
Light User

I'm sorry that you have to put up with the trolls/flamers in this thread. :(

Even if YouTD and Castle Fight never go beyond their current versions, they are still fantastic maps- definitely at the top of the custom maps for WC3. And really, it is better than you are moving on to SC2 - it is a miracle that the Warcraft community has held on for so long. I don't doubt, though, that most of the Warcraft 3 players will just migrate to Starcraft 2. Blizzard has always been very particular about keeping their system requirements to a reasonable minimum. Go where the most people can enjoy your maps, and keep doing what you love to do.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:24 am 
User

Gex, I would like to know if you really able to give your project to someone if this person will continue work on it?

I'm interested in improvement of CF and as I am big fan of it I would like to release new versions and first of all correct all bugs and problems that exists at the moment in 1.14b version. There no were new releases of CF because..well I don't know why and i don't want to know because it's out of my buisness. But there a lot of my friends and a lot of other guys and girls who really like this map (people from garena, biggest alternative ukranian and russian servers, eurobattle.net server, etc) and who are waiting for new releases already a lot of time. We all have been waited for it. But unfortunately maps that are not updated a lot of time loosing it's interest. So I already begins to think in create something similar to CF but I have not made it because I don't want to repeat all what you have done, don't want to steal your idea. I prefer to continue with your work instead of beginning from zero. And now I see possibility to do it. I known program in Jass, vJass and cJass (but still prefer vJass for warcraft). Very soon I will have a lot of free time so I can dedicate me to CF..Sorry, but at the moment I have not anyone of my works to show you..

However, I hope you wouldn't ignore this message and you will think on it..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:44 pm 
Light User

TreatInfamy wrote:
I'm sorry that you have to put up with the trolls/flamers in this thread. :(

Hm, flamers like that?

i=i++ wrote:
Stfu troll, go and flame on another forum. I didnt know that people without brain can send postings. Stupid kid. Just because your mother is givin herself for free to other Guys, you dont have to post shit like this. Go and Build your own Website and get rich if its so easy.

:lol:

Just because i have a different opinion and wrote it down. You guys are totally great, call me a flamer and send me those pns. Im feel very :oops: about that =)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:36 am 
User

If you lost your work (aka unprotected versions of maps), then how you can even let others to continue to develop them? Anyways I'm pretty sure there is good reasons behind it as you sound quite busy doing other than mapping.

I have been working similar 3v3v3v3 map for Starcraft II. However approach is way different with letting people to research stuff in each round and choose what they actually want to train from structure, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 53
GeX mentioned that he saved some data but he lost the new CF core engine and the YouTD (gmsi) build scripts.

geX wrote:
Almost all my development data vanished :(.

What I could save:

CF:
A parsed "GMSI run over" version of CF 1.14b (or at least it says 1.14b, I hope it really is it, I found it on my new harddisk). However, all the new stuff I did (rewriting the core engine) is lost :(. In addition, I used GMSI scripts to build things fast (assign wood gain to buildings and write an init trigger from all objects). Those build scripts have also vanished.

YouTD:

The latest version (unparsed with GMSI) was still in my JNGP last saved maps log, so it is still there. However, again, the GSL build scripts that added all the creeps and towers into the map have vanished.

What is to be done:
CF:
All my new core engine in clean vjass is gone. So you will have to work with the old code that is sometimes pain in the ass. In addition the GMSI build scripts are gone, so you either write new ones or do everything by hand which is super pain in the ass (creating the init trigger with all buildings, setting lumber cost, training time, lumber gain, bounty gain,.... for all new units).

YouTD:

YouTD relies on the build scripts to inject all towers and creeps into it. Since these scripts are gone, you have to write new ones. So you need GSL knowledge to continue here. However, the inject mechanism uses the one that also injects the tower into the test map, so the main work is already done. All you have to do is some misc stuff (like creating the base towers and adding the correct tower to the correct base tower, assigning the correct level to towers and items). Once these scripts are restored a new release is very easy. Just push a button here on the website and you will deliviered all towers that are accepted. These can then with one script execution be inserted into the map.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:15 pm 
Light User

Hi I really enjoy Castle Fight. I think it is one of the best strategy games out there and I thank you for your efforts Gex. Is there anyway you could just fix some of the major bugs in v1.14b without overhauling the game engine? If you could just release one more version with fixes such as actual mushroom attack damage and working eraser, I think many people would be happy about it. Although there are other bugs mentioned here viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3087 I believe these bugs are the most prevalent to gameplay.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:36 am 
Light User

It is possible to fix bugs in 1.14b even in protected version.
Unit parameters can be fixed with WE, jass - with any text editor.
But it seems that most map developers are moving to SC2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next