All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Final Testings v0.20
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 240
Hi,

okay again a release where I fixed all bugs that were found.

One thing:

Please check if the "item dissappear on lvl 6 towers" is fixed. I gave em one item slot less, hope this helps (because there is no senseful reason why the items could disappear i have to experiment with possible solutions).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:29 pm 
Light User

Seems like the Magic Mushroom (Nature/Magic combo) tower is ridiculously good in Impossible since it removes the armor bonus aura for the difficulty, made winning it pretty easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

thanks, will be fixed, good job :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:21 am 
User

I disagree. I had the same thing, i looked up the replay today, and idon't thing it is a bug of the magic mushrooms.
i think it is the same thing like the damage of the towers, whoch sometimes is lower ten it should be 'cause the War Craft 3 engine can't work with so many buffs (was in someother threat, don't know exactly in which)
I watched the armor of a golem challenge and it was normally at ~54, than my maelstrom and the armor reduction tower (magic) reduced it to ~43. when the golem was hext, it has this 43 armor points, but when he returned from being hext, for a short moment, 0.2 seconds or like that, it's armor got down to -13 (so it lost its impossible armor) but got up to 43 directly after it.
So, i think, that it is a problem of the War Craft 3 engine and not a bug...(if he had the same problem like me, but i think he had)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I try to make it a permanent armor bonus instead of an aura, i hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:22 pm 
Light User

MuffinBoy wrote:
I disagree. I had the same thing, i looked up the replay today, and idon't thing it is a bug of the magic mushrooms.
i think it is the same thing like the damage of the towers, whoch sometimes is lower ten it should be 'cause the War Craft 3 engine can't work with so many buffs (was in someother threat, don't know exactly in which)
I watched the armor of a golem challenge and it was normally at ~54, than my maelstrom and the armor reduction tower (magic) reduced it to ~43. when the golem was hext, it has this 43 armor points, but when he returned from being hext, for a short moment, 0.2 seconds or like that, it's armor got down to -13 (so it lost its impossible armor) but got up to 43 directly after it.
So, i think, that it is a problem of the War Craft 3 engine and not a bug...(if he had the same problem like me, but i think he had)

It isnt so much a bug as a balance issue which is why I posted here. The wc3 engine takes a bit of time to update aura bonuses, so the unit loses the bonus a second or two after being hexed, then regains it a second or two after being unhexed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:51 am 
User

gekko wrote:
I try to make it a permanent armor bonus instead of an aura, i hope this helps.

Will be geed and if you change the veteran bonus auras whit permanet skills because the towers whit 1-2 items and 2-3 veterans levels have the same problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I dont think this is possible, because there is no permanent +% damage bonus. But maybe if we have less auras in the game (no auras from creeps anymore) the other auras will work better.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]