All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shop in the game?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:00 pm 
Light User

Yea, it would be cool when all player will have shop. Cooldown 2 minutes for one item and take on barricade expensive x2 and take more food. Like 2-3 per lvl.
Shop will very helpful in selling items. When razorblades (example) are selling for 50 gold then to buy it 200. Can see all brush and get one good item. Map is so good. Make element like... light? dark? Yes its very looks like dark=magic and light=storm but light is light not storm :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:20 pm 
Light User

I for one, support the shop idea!
(Ofc lower all sell values to ~10-100)

Buying isn't as necessary but selling the unwanted items would be really cool.

Or you could do a shared shop:
Quote:
event: Somebody sells an item
action: Make all shops in map sell the sold item with stock = current stock+1
And this way all items must have max stock set to 0 so they don't restock automatically

Or you could have a shop sell all items for a reasonable price.

Or you could set up a item trading system (does not involve gold):
Quote:
Players can create a trade offer (unit) and give it the items they wanna sell.
Other players can look at the offer 'pack' and if they want to buy it they create an offer unit too and give items to that unit then cast a dummy spell 'trade' on the other trade offer unit and if the first player casts back the two trade offer units exchange their items (or change owner)

Hope you like the ideas.

Also a bug report:
I can easily steal items by:
picking them up ==> moving closer to my base ==> picking them up ==> moving closer ==> repeat until item arrives in my base ==> I got the item! (and if it says that the owner is not me then i simply keep luring the item to one of my towers and then pick it up with my tower) :P

You can easily work around this by:
Quote:
event a unit is issued an order targeting an object
condition target object of issued order is an item (or target object of issued order is [item classification of your items])
actions:set StolenItemsPos = position of target object of issued order
actions:move target object of issued order to StolenItemsPos
actions:display to all players = (Owner of triggering unit) + " tried to steal " + (Owner of (target object of issued order)) + "'s item but failed. Stealing is a sin. You have bee punished to -1% of your total gold."
actions:set gold of (owner of triggering unit) to (owner of triggering unit's gold) - ((owner of triggering unit's gold) * 0.01) *
actions:call DestroyLocation(udg_StolenItemsPos)

*(or destroy a random building owned by the thief :P) (or if their gold > 500 then take 1% gold else destroy 5 random barricades and if he doesnt have 5 barricades then a random level 1 tower if everything else fails simply teleport the builder back to the base...) (if the fag for example clicks 5 times he already got punsihed quite hard)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 240
this is too hard, i will just teleport the thiev back to his base, I think this will be enough.

The shop is already in, you can sell items to your research center.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]