All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

good map or bad map ? :P
Good 88%  88%  [ 24 ]
Bad 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 27
 Post subject: suggestions for eeve! TD! :)
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:35 pm 
New User

Hello, i downloaded the map today, and so far i like it.

gonna suggest stuff in here asap ! just wanted to say thansk for creating this, so far cool map :)

(though imo you should get some "Race" mode, like the race mod from Gem TD, i like that)

now i dunno how many uses this forum, but im creating a poll anyway!

Last edited by merach on Wed May 30, 2007 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 240
yes, such a race mode could be implemented, good idea, thx :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:04 pm 
New User

other suggestions:

Quest log should contain info for the towers, tech differences and such other basic info (like what the "special" abilities does for the mobs... currently i cannot open the Q log at all.

"rare" bonus titles, with special abilities, such as slowing, stunning, aura reduction, dmg vulnerability ect :) these should ofcourse only occur like 1 or 2 places on each "field"

Also currenly i have no idea how to see my current life. (basicly the box on top right corner could use a makeover - looks great but lacks some info)
EDIT: i see now, i can only see my current life while waiting for a new level to start.. :( but im busy building then! :p

a few more techs.. quite obivous. but theres only 6 :( no shadow or similar.. for example.

a rediculus suggestion here, i know: the "sell" effect.. im quite often in doubt if i sold an object. make some "spell" effect or something to show that now that building is gone. (like in wintermaul, when you sold an item, some "holy light" effect hit the building) - and im aware that the items arent being sold, just destroyed, but whatever :P

variation in upgrading cost?
the magics basic tower upgrades for 60g, while the storm for example costs 10... why the big difference?

thats it for now. (only played it twice) more to come, most likely.

its still fun ;) storm tech rocks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

merach wrote:
other suggestions:
a rediculus suggestion here, i know: the "sell" effect.. im quite often in doubt if i sold an object. make some "spell" effect or something to show that now that building is gone. (like in wintermaul, when you sold an item, some "holy light" effect hit the building) - and im aware that the items arent being sold, just destroyed, but whatever :P

np will be done

i dont plan more techs.

about the multiboard: your worker will get a button to swap between the two boards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:05 am 
New User

Hi all! Yesterday evening i downloaded eeve TD as well and played it.
I chose "Storm" as my element but in the end there was somethin bad:
I couldn't build Storm lvl 5 @ Tech Center...dunno why...it wasn't even shown
at the Tech Center. Another thing I would like do be changed is that you sometimes
get random elemtens. And it would be good as well, if you could make that you can
choose a new element everytime you have Lumber. I had 3 Lumbers left yesterday
even with building some towers which need Lumber. The last Boss @ lvl 55 is really
unkillable and he still had 50% of his hp when he ran out of my maze.
Another point which was a bit bad was this: You can't combine an element with
all 5 others. So I think you should maybe put the "Double Element Tower List"
(which is normally located at the Double Element Base Tower) to your builder.
Then u know which elements you need for what etc.

That is my report from yesterday and if u need someone for testing this map, qry me @ icq:
308696887. I really like the idea of this map :)

Peace...Out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thx for your review!

well your sayings are not fully correct:

1. it is intended that you can't upgrade to level5, you can only reach level5 if you get a random point in that element, so i also won't remove the random element.

2. If you have lumber left, you just build too few lumber consuming tower, i can always fully use my wood.

3. Tonight we killed the level 55 bose on "SICK mode" with "WTF Field", so he IS killable :).
But be sure, balance will be redone, because HE SHOULDN'T be killable. If everyone could kill him everybody would get the max score. I don't wan't all ppl to get the max score :).

4. You CAN combine each element with each other. And i can't move the list to the builder, he would run out of iconslots!
Note that the 2-Element Base Tower has a "more Towers button", where you can build the towers that were too many for one page of icons. Maybe you missed that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:45 am 
New User

Well, yeah I missed it :D
But you could give the builder an ability where then all the combinations are (like jungle survive td)

Ill now play again :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:35 am 
New User

suggestions again:

a kick command!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

i constantly play with people who lag alot, and i cant do anything about it. please add this command ;)

another "request".. the units.. i seem to have killed 6 waves of pigs in a row.. how about some different creeps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 levels cant be, the most is 5, the whole game is divided into 10 tiers each 5 levels of size (+5 challenge level =55) Because each level is random i had to make these tiers. You know i have to design Air, Mass Air, Ground, Mass Ground and boss for each tier making 50 creeptypes i had to design.

If i would make new creeeps each level i had to make 50*5 =250 different creeps! I don't have the time to do this and there are not enough models in wc3 do design so many different levels (100 air creeps... not existant in wc3).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:32 am 
New User

hey all i can say is great TD, it seriously kicks gem TD and wintermaul anyday. That being said, i would sugguest speeding up the levels, so that you have less time to think and this may increase difficulty.

BTW frieken loved storm race, flippin pwned 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fe_man0989 wrote:
hey all i can say is great TD, it seriously kicks gem TD and wintermaul anyday. That being said, i would sugguest speeding up the levels, so that you have less time to think and this may increase difficulty.

BTW frieken loved storm race, flippin pwned 8)

thx =). How should i speed up levels?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:21 am 
New User

what i mean is that the time in between levels seemed a bit too long, and you could increase the spawn rate and speed of creeps. But hey its just a sugguestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:08 pm 
Advanced User

The time between levels is good. Waiting for others to finish is the problem.

Can you upload somewhere a replay of killing last challenge on sick! ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

no, not yet, i killed it due to an imbalance, it shouldn't be doable anymore like this.

Waiting for others: i will put some more modes in, where you don't have to wait for others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:28 am 
New User

It would be nice when each kill gives all the players in the same team the money.
I played often in teams of 2 but when one of the players get too strong the other one don't get money.
For example:if the monster gives 10 gold when its being killed and there are 2 players in the team each player gets 5.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next