All times are UTC

Post subject: Comments on the map
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:05 pm 
Power User

Seeing as your "Whats this" topic is closed, i oponed another topic for my and everybody else's comments.
I think that the map's concept is really great, but i think that you got bored making the map.I mean i know its a beta version, but there is only one model of creep waves: Phoenixes.I think you can make creeps change like: Phoenix, then Nether drake, then some deamon airship(like the ones in eeve!TD) etc...etc...Just its boring to see only one kind of creeps going around.
Secondly, i think that the hovercraft price increase is too high.By the 8th hovercraft the prace went about to 8k gold.Maybe make it like 130% or so .
Little choice of towers, but if u reduce the hovercraft price, i think it would be alright since you will be able to take over more islands.
I think some islands are able to provide MUCH more building space than others, making them more useful.I think you should either balance the platforms, or make them whole buildable.
Dont take these coments as they are so bad that the map is bad, the map is great but seeing as it is beta, it's got a GREAT concept and playstyle, but it needs balance(in the platform and hovercraft means)

Offtopic: I reached lvl 62 on my first try, you tell me if its good or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 270
lvl 62 is ok, but i also had people up to lvl 100+.

To say it again: It is beta, i didn't get bored, it is just not the final version, i released this early beta to let you test the map and get some feedback if you like the concept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:45 pm 
Power User

Oh ok...if its considered a test version then compliments go to you for the map, great map there and btw, when was this map released anyway?U say you got ppl up to lvl 100...who actualy did it?
Oh, and when you release a stable version, let me inform you of some bugs i managed to find.
Same as eeve!TD when u load a game, the tiles are gone, same goes in this TD, you dont see the buildable land, but you are able to build on some places.Boring when you try to get a booster in there.
And are boosters supposed to stack?My towers got to about 700 dmg with stacked dmg boosters and speed boosters.Just a question.
And again, good job on the TD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

yes, they are supposed to stack, i reached 23k damage with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:35 am 
Light User

well, the td is nice, especially the linking, however i already found a serious bug (only happened once, but it happened).
When the game started my first hovercraft were created in the middle (where the monsters have to go) and were removed + 1 life lost.
Had to restart the game cause no hovercraft :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

thx, will be fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:57 pm 
Power User

gekko wrote:
yes, they are supposed to stack, i reached 23k damage with them.

How can you possibly make that dmg?
But whatever, now with that question answered, im just curious, which map are you currently working at?
Castle Fight, eeve!TD, Abyss TD, FU-Magi, Point Defense or another map?
If u are working on this map, i think you need to reduce the cost increase of hovercraft because with 150% gold increase, you are limited to about 8 platforms.
Then again, great TD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm currently working at eeve! TD and CF 1.09b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:24 pm 
User

Sounds good, testing it, but hell doesnt sound like a td^^

EDIT: Ok, tested it. But my biggest problem was: You have to build near to your friends so that you can link. But then you steal their kills, thats very frustrating!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:03 pm 
Power User

Fireeye wrote:
well, the td is nice, especially the linking, however i already found a serious bug (only happened once, but it happened).
When the game started my first hovercraft were created in the middle (where the monsters have to go) and were removed + 1 life lost.
Had to restart the game cause no hovercraft :(

Happened to me too...
And some other bugs i managed to find(minor bugs but whatever, they should be easy to repair)
After loading the game, my worker got ADD(abilty deposite disorder) . The teleport got to the place of the move command, and pushed each abilty one place forward.The icons were changed but the abilties were the same while the repair button was totaly gone.
Multiple platforms got so mixed up that I wasnt aable o build a HQ on them.
Add a sell function ffs.I got stuck with an isle full of boosters and no room for a link stone(jeez I am a noob :P ) , and i had to destroy a lot of towers on the platforms with towers to make room for link stones.Or atleast make the boosters vurnerable.

Offtopic:YAY, new record(for me ofcourse :P ) , 105 round!Stacked boosters rock!Got up to 10000 dmg and uber attack speed with my cannons.You can guess what were sun towers and arrow towers doing :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:30 am 
New User

After some times bying a Hovercraft his price is everytime is 11k+
after 90-100 lvl is not difficult to get 11k and you can by hovercraft many times

some islands has a very low building territory and unreal to build base buildig on the island

when I picked Yellow color at start no Hover, no Attackers :(

i think speed boosters don`t work correctly - i`m build some isands with speed boosters lvl3 but...no visual effect

BUT map is very good and interesting :D

sory for my bad English - i`m don`t know it :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:32 am 
New User

P.S. please add the ability tio sell building

some times people forget to build linkers and they must destroy boosters by another cannon :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, will be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:10 pm 
Power User

PAYNE wrote:
P.S. please add the ability tio sell building

some times people forget to build linkers and they must destroy boosters by another cannon :)

erm...boosters are invurnerable
Anyway...another crucial bug happened today...dont know how it happened...but it was pretty strange...

My island was so full of towers... my worker got stuck.So i was building the last piece of the island with a link stone.And somehow...after the building was finished... my worker got to another nearby island, with no hovercraft.As i wanted to set a new record... i didnt wanted to use bugs so i restarted.
I think it is a result of the worker's moving type.Since it had nowhere to go... it moved to another island.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:11 pm 
Light User

speed booster are realY strong theY do not need anY buff ~9 of 'em and everY tower attacks like hell in contrast to the slow attackspeed. Ah btw. how much movespeed does the ice tower slow? 5 movespeed? 0movespeed? cause i never see anY changes in the movespeed it even does not seem like theY are a bit slower