All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:47 pm 
Power User

well yeah, but instead of making a spellbreaker kodo, you might as well make a defensive kodo, since the kodo still has 1000+ hp, it will still take lots of punishment, and it will give nearby units extra defense for themselves. The kodo's weakness is pierce damage, and magic has no extra damage or any effect to deal significant damage to it otherwise.
Maybe changing its armor to unarmored? it is the second best armor in the game (the first being divine ^^) , increasing range (nice idea), and slightly reduce its cost (or increase food given as an alternative so it is a good way to get some more food atleast)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:30 pm 
Power User

lol spellbreaker kodo already is the best foodspending unit in the whole game 260+60=320Gold and u get >>4 FOOD <<just like for the other 400 gold kodos.

The only problem in orc dont need food on that mass like other races, if u like all orc specials u can use it for shure but i rearly got food problems with orc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:33 pm 
Power User

3 totem + 3 tb + 1 serpent rock + 1 stasis = 28 food

edit: i'm saying orc has plenty of use for food for quite some time. and you can make a lot more totems later.

Last edited by curi on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:48 pm 
Power User

lol curi for me u miss a message.

Do u want to tell me ocr only needs 28 food in a game, and tell iam right?

Do u want me to tell orc can use 28 food so gaining more will help alot?

i usualy would get one tb less, but that doesnt matter, for meorc usualy get no food problems cuz i get more units than specials. I only can remember food problems when i got totems early and want to add Stasistotem fast.

nevertheless i think noeone will argue many other races would benefit much more of easy (cheap) food. imo all exept hum and ice in -na

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:56 pm 

spellbreaker kodo is 3 food, the 4 food is a typo in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:17 am 
User

Ok, I guess the case here is this. Let me try to summarise:

Offensive Kodo - +25% melee dmg. Does it do its job well? Yes! Everyone around it has aura. Melee troops deal 25% dmg. Good shit

Defenseive Kodo - +3 Armour to everyone around. Well done. Good job

Spellbreaker Kodo - Can you tell me why the heck in the world I wanna build you for???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:35 am 
Power User

nice point
we should reconsider giving it an amazon-type spellshield atleast, but more preferably would be another aura type unit
or atleast like someone said, give it devour magic - it will help against debuffs/enemy buffs .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:31 am 
Power User

Ok i can tell u at least 2 reasons for me to get s-kodo.

First, if we play with small teams (2vs2) and enemy gets offensive casters early. for exaple early warlock and ice queen is counterd well. And dont tell me assasin is much better, in 2vs2 u dont have both in team usualy.

second. if enemy got elf, courrupt they usualy go for ool and wop. Building a box and trapping a buch of s-kodo is one of the most effectiv counters to this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:21 pm 
Super User

Keylan wrote:
second. if enemy got elf, courrupt they usualy go for ool and wop. Building a box and trapping a buch of s-kodo is one of the most effectiv counters to this

And when they "suddenly" go for tentacles ...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:35 pm 
Power User

Quote:
And when they "suddenly" go for tentacles ...?

Than they feed me cuz tentacles spawning in a buch of 10+ 1200HP units wont kill anything before they get killed by the kodos.

Most unit killing specials are less effective if u Trap a bunch of units in our castle to build up HP, some are better than others. Many got problems if enemy get AoE specials like vulcano and Starfall. I think s-Kodos bigest problem are D-Pits but i dont know if they got lowerd chances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:13 pm 
Power User

i said it before
they feed you WHOLE ZOMG WTF 6 GOLD !!!!!1113
and when they build their legendary with a couple more of tents?

Edit : Kodos cost 400 + gold , while you build your box, the opponnents will have their army ready to attack you while you focus on anti special
and btw, kodos suck at fighting globaly, their point is to support with an aura, thats what the other 2 kodos are usefull for
and if u build a box , you either have to have a small one so you can finish it faster. Then you gave the opportunity for the opponent chaos or night elf to make an AOE special. No this isnt to kill the kodos, but the buildings.
If u make a large one so that all the buildings dont get attacked by AOE, you will need to spend so much money, that the opponents might as well get some artilery (you mentioned elf... their balistas for example) and kill the buildings + kodos if they get splash artilery (glaive thrower, hell tank(upgraded), balista, destroyer (orc)) or hell even artilery specials (frost shooter, artilery)
Poison rock would help too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:04 pm 

I don't like spellbreaker kodos either. The problem i have with them is that the best counter to unit killer specials right now is boxing in lvl 1 murlocs or lvl 2 murlocs if there are wop, tidal wave, or starfall and adding in corals to heals them. With this setup, murlocs die very rarely. Even with lvl 2 murlocs, you get about 3-4 units spawned for every kodo spawned. There is a much bigger chance for specials you hit your units with this setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:07 am 
Power User

OK OK sorry for that monk.

We dont need to discus murlocs are the better unit to box. In fact they are the best unit to box in any situation i think, they are cheap, got superior HP or the cost, got very hight spawn rate (low cost and double spawn), and if enemyspecial isnt deathpit, oracle or mtr they get nearly immortal by adding 1-2 corals to lvl 2 murlocs.

But what when u got no Naga in ur team???

then u have to think of other units aber to do the job.

2 possibilitys

First: U box very cheap units, for example Footy or grunt, Frostwolf or satyr (ne/elf cant box very well but even archers can do)

Second: U box units with abilitys qualifieng for this job. Those are S-Kodo, Banshee, Defender and Wizard for me. These units get reduced dammage or heals themselves and others.

So S-Kodo for me is the unit allowing orc to counter dammage specials, otherway like Grunt countering killing specials.

Thats why i think the unit isn't worthless.

PS: I will always try to have Naga in my team in Furture, i just got a nice coupple of 2vs2 rounds and naga got imba^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:27 am 
Power User

EMPerror wrote:
Maybe changing its armor to unarmored? it is the second best armor in the game (the first being divine ^^)

hhm so the Hero armor is where 3th ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:10 am 
Advanced User

the boxing in strategy is countered by eraser or sod?

because the eraser obviously erases them=some sort of gold and then forces a restart for unit production.
sod creates an opening so all the units that were in the box would die. (cause they wouldn't be supported by corals). It also forces another use of 120 gold to fill it up.

of course there's some luck involved, but would those be two viable counters?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next